Donate to Pre-K
Donate to Pre-K!
Pre-K Tax Credit Now Benefitting the Cleveland Early-Learning Collaborative
- When children start school without important skills, it becomes harder and harder for them to achieve their potential without considerable intervention. These challenges can often lead children to face more severe issues, such as being retained in a grade, experiencing discipline troubles, and failing to finish high school. Mississippi must help families get their children ready to succeed in school. The Cleveland Early Childhood Learning Collaborative can accept donations that are mutually beneficial to our community and you, the donor.
Providing pre-kindergarten services to four-year-old children costs $5,000 per child enrolled in full-day programs and $2,500 per child enrolled in half-day programs. The State of Mississippi provides half of these costs ($2,500 per child enrolled in full-day pre-K and $1,250 per child enrolled in half-day pre-K).
Individuals or Corporations who contribute to support the local matching fund of the Cleveland Early Learning Collaborative may be eligible to receive a state tax credit for the donated amount up to $1,000,000, approved by The Mississippi Department of Revenue.
To donate to the Cleveland Collaborative and receive the state tax credit, follow these steps:
- Contact Patsy Clerk, Coordinator for the Cleveland Early Learning Collaborative. Email email@example.com[or call (662) 843-3529.
- The Mississippi Department of Education tracks qualifying donations towards the cap. They will share this information with all the Lead Partners of the collaboratives. When contacting the Lead Partner, verify that the cap has not been reached.
- After you donate, the Mississippi Department of Education will issue you a donation certificate documenting that you have contributed to the local matching funds of an approved collaborative.
- Indicate your donation when you file your state taxes. Use form 80-401, which can be found on the Department of Revenue’s website.